What is a CodePath Technical Program Manager (Tech Fellow)?
Tech Fellows are the most important part of a successful CodePath program! TFs manage the program at their university and provide the first line of technical support to students in class.
- Full Tech Fellow description can be found here.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Kick off each class with a short presentation of the weekly topics and activities.
- Provide technical support for students during labs and assignments.
- Make sure students are on track with the pace of the course.
- Manage in-class operations (attendance, activity flow).
- Advocate for the needs of your students.
- Attend bi-weekly remote check-ins with the CodePath Guru.
Perks & benefits
- Easy accessibility to CodePath's team members
- Direct management experience
- Direct relationship with CodePath organizations
- Support with resume building & credibility
- Higher priority given for opportunities to scholarships, conferences, and projects
What is Tech Fellow Training?
TFs participate in a 8-week remote training with CodePath before the course starts to make sure they are up to speed with the course content and have all the tools necessary to run a successful course. The way individual TFs participate in the training will vary depending on whether they are: returning TFs, alumni of a previous course or new to the CodePath program.
- Application deadline is September 5th (rolling, apply early)
- Prework deadline is September 6th.
- The training is categorized into 2 groups intended for the new and returning Tech Fellows.
- New Tech Fellows - students who are applying as Tech Fellows for the first time and professors who are running the course for the first time.
- Returning Tech Fellows - students and professors who have previously led a CodePath course.
- Full Tech Fellow Training schedule can be found here.
- New Tech Fellows - will start on Oct 14
- Returning Tech Fellows - will start on Nov 4
For general information about CodePath.org and our courses, checkout http://codepath.org/classes or feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions.