Mobile App Design Workshop Series (with iPhone or Android)
CodePath is offering a 8-week mobile app design workshop series for Freshmen and Sophomore university students via a remote classroom. This hands-on course will introduce you to iOS or Android app design and development and will be integrated with industry mentors from companies like Slack, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Students will meet on Saturdays to complete either a coding lab and/or participate in group activities such as product brainstorming, wireframing, and more. We will also feature a number of guest speakers to provide insights from industry, including topics like how to prepare for your first internship.
This course assumes you know the basics of a programming language (e.g. for loops, if statements). This is designed to be a lightweight exploratory course which combines product development, coding, and design.
In the future, we will offer students that complete this program access to additional advanced courses in order to take their practical development skills to the next level.
- Pre-work submission is required. Details will be sent via email after applying.
- December 6, 2019 - Early admissions deadline
- January 24, 2020 - Regular admissions deadline
- January 27, 2020 - Last date of admissions notifications for waitlisted candidates
- Sessions begin on February 8th and runs for 8 Weeks
- Meets once a week on Saturdays from 10am-12nn (PST) in remote classroom sessions.
- Weekly exercises to complete in class with take-home work
Topics introduced are focused on workshops that will provide students the basics they need to design and build a technical mobile app from the ground up including:
- Core coding concepts used to build simple iOS or Android apps
- Product planning activities such as brainstorming, schema design, user stories
- Using version control (Git and Github) to store and collaborate on code
The course will also include a preview of real-world software engineering roles and challenges including:
- Fireside Q&A chats and info sessions with professional engineers
- Industry mentors helping with mock interviews
- Learn what it's like in the day-to-day of different software engineering roles
- What are the common challenges you will face in your first full-time software internship
FERPA compliance policy