About the CodePath Android Course
The Android for university course features twelve weeks of intense, project-focused Android training inspired by our professional bootcamps and facilitated by CodePath-trained Teaching Assistants. Classes meet on campus twice a week for two-hour lab and coding sessions. During the first half of the course, students build their skills through labs and projects using the APIs of popular apps such as Twitter and Instagram. Students then apply what they’ve learned in the second half of the course, working together in small teams to build a completely original app from the ground up. The culmination of the course is a Demo Day event at which students present their finished products to an audience of peers, faculty and industry professionals.
Application deadline is two weeks before the course start. Apply early.
Note: This course meets onsite in your university campus and will require weekly projects and lab submissions.
- Course Duration: 13 Weeks
- Activities and Assignments: Weekly app projects and labs + an original group app
- Time Commitment: 5-10+ hours per week in addition to in-class time
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend all in-person, weekly classes and labs
Review the FERPA compliance policy here.
Check out the course schedule HERE.
For credit : Enroll via university
- Alabama A&M University: CS 410 (starts Jan 7)
- Berea College: TBA
- Faulkner University: CIS 2377 (starts Jan 6)
- Florida A&M University: COP 3060 (starts Jan 29)
- Humboldt University: CS 480 (starts Jan 21)
Non-credit : Open enrollment
- California State University, Monterey Bay: TBA
- Columbia University: TBA
- University of California, Irvine: TBA
- University of California, San Diego: TBA
- University of North Texas: TBA
In the Pipeline
- Claflin University
- San Francisco City College
- San Jose State University
- University of California - Berkeley
- Wentworth Institute of Technology
Deferred to Fall 2020
If your university is not on the list, please fill out this short university request form so that we can bring this course to your university. Sign up for our mailing list to get notified once this course is available in your campus.