About the CodePath iOS Course
With over 1 billion active Apple devices, knowing how to create iOS apps has the potential to connect you with hundreds of millions of users worldwide. More and more, students are realizing how vital and valued it is to have iOS development skills and experiences, especially if you want to make a difference within the tech industry.
The iOS for university course features twelve weeks of intense, project-focused iOS training inspired by our professional bootcamps and facilitated by CodePath-trained Teaching Assistants. Classes meet on campus twice a week for two-hour lab and coding sessions. During the first half of the course, students build their skills through labs and projects using the APIs of popular apps like Tumblr, Yelp and Twitter. Students then apply what they’ve learned in the second half of the course, working together in small teams to build a completely original app from the ground up. The culmination of the course is a Demo Day event at which students present their finished products to an audience of peers, faculty and industry professionals.
Some schools/instructors may follow their universities’ guidelines and choose to run the course online or hybrid. You should still select the university you are enrolled in, and our Office of Admissions or your instructor will inform you where the course will take place.
- Course Duration: ~13 Weeks
- Activities and Assignments: Weekly app projects and labs + an original group app
- Time Commitment: 5-10+ hours per week in addition to in-class time
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend all sessions, weekly classes and labs
- Coding Language: Swift
- Admissions requirements:
- Have sufficient access to a Mac computer in order to complete coursework
- Have an understanding of object-oriented programming
- Completion of pre-work task (instructions to follow via email)
- Must be currently enrolled at a US college or university
- Must be currently enrolled at the same college where the course is offered in order to attend the course
Review the FERPA compliance policy here.